Friday, April 9, 2010

Starting Selenium RC

Selenium can be started with different options.
One of them is -multiWindow

I cant remember where I found this option and for what purpose I had included it in my startup, so to find out its purpose, I removed it to see what affect it has.
Removing that option has one change - previously the selenium test frame and the AUT frame would open as 2 different tabs in IE. Now, after removing the -multiWindow option, AUT runs in the same frame and I dont see the selenium test frame.

C:
cd C:\selenium-remote-control-1.0-beta-2\selenium-server-1.0-beta-2
java -jar selenium-server.jar -interactive -proxyInjectionMode -Dselenium.slowMode=1000
@REM -multiWindow

Update:
So -multiWindow was an option used prior to rel 1.0 of Selenium to load the AUT in full browser, instead of loading it in a lower frame.
Since 1.0, this is the default behavior of Selenium, so there is no need to specify that option explicitly.
I have Selenium 1.0 beta installed and I think my using -multiWindow was actually negating the default -multiWindow and hence loading AUT in lower frame.
Mystery solved!!

No comments: